Wow... it's been a long time since I've even used blogger.... It feels so ... so strange...
Anyway, can you believe I'm back, ACTUALLY bringing you guys some content?! Yeah, sorry about not doing that for a while... there were some big releases for me such as a W101 major content patch back in early November, and SWTOR coming out late December. I've been so addicted to Star Wars, I've barely had time for anything else.
As Chazz said in his last depressing post, yes ... my month-old desktop, Jarvis, is (momentarily) dead . For some reason my graphics card (a HD Radeon 6870) was overheating (I suspect a defective fan; at idle, I was at 70 Celsisus, and in game it'd top 105 Celesius, which every person who knows about computers knows it's very bad news. So of course it was shutting my PC down. What that means for people who don't quite know: I could boil eggs on my graphics card.). THEN, shortly after I find out this is happening, I accidentally "strained" Jarvis's wires connecting the side panel case fan to the PC and they ripped off. Poor Jarvis was writhing with pain. THEN, shortly after that, there was a mini explosion in my PC and long story short my computer wouldn't start. I thoroughly examined all the pieces inside, though, and I'm lead to believe that I somehow managed to pop a fuse in the power supply. So that led to an emotional break-down, which lead to me calling www.ibuypower.com, the place I bought the computer from, and asking them what the warranty covers (their customer service, by the way, is excellent, helpful, and very nice... that doesn't happen today). The story ends with me shipping out Jarvis to California on the past Tuesday (Damn the post office for closing down on MLK Day!). I suspect Jarvis should be repaired and home by the beginning of February, but I guess time will only tell...
So this led to some good news and bad news. The good news is, since my shitty laptop (which, by the way, is nameless, because I don't like it...) can't run SWTOR efficiently and since I quit W101 when SWTOR came out, I now have an absurd amount of free time on my hands! The bad news is... a lot of the screen shots of SWTOR that I took to post are on Jarvis. So I'm going to try to post more often now, because I feel bad about leaving this blog in a drought, even if no one reads it (if someone does, please correct us; we were thinking of writing our website down on rolls of public toilet paper...).
SO, since this is me officially coming back from my "break", I'll spend this post simply covering the different accomplishments I've made!
|I should mention that this is not my toon...|
- My main character in Star Wars: The Old Republic is a Human Sith Inquisitor (specialized in Sorcery). My name is Phobus (no, not like Darth Phobos, another character in the Star Wars Universe. Phobus as in the Greek word for fear). My legacy title is Dunamos (Greek for "power"). I decided to make Dark Side choices with this character. I, along with Chazz and J.D, play on Belgoth's Beacon server, and we are all extremely proud members of the guild < Calamitous Intent >. I serve as a healer.
- My trained skills are Slicing, Artifice, and Archaeology, however I only really participate in Slicing (skill maxed at 400). The other two just don't seem to be worth it to me, at least not for now. Slicing's nice though, because its free money. I've heard that your crafting changes in usefulness at end game, however, so we'll see where the galaxy takes me.
|Face it, he's just so adorable... I want a plushie!|
- I made level 50 on Saturday, January 14th, 2012 at around 6:30 in the morning.
- I've decided that my two favorite Sith Inquisitor comapnions are Khem Val and Xalex (my all time favorite has to be Blizz).
- I've been doing daily and weekly quests to get some PvP gear, and so far I have both my implants, my boots, and my offhand. Don't even mention Illum dailies/weeklies to me... I might cry and throw something at you *cough Chazz cough*.
- I have 7 low level alts with the names as follows (List is as of 1/19/12):
a. Atlis (Level 7 Miralukan Jedi Knight; Male)
b. Hemera (Level 7 Human Republic Smuggler; Female)
c. Phobos (Level 1 Sith Pureblood Warrior; Male)
d. Tavot (Level 5 Zabrak Imperial Bounty Hunter; Male)
e. Malla (Level 2 Twi'lek Sith Inquisitor; Female)
f. Vulka (Level 10 Zabrak Sith Marauder; Female)
g. Hesita (Level 2 Miriallan Jedi Consular; Female)
I suspect Vulka, Tavot, or Phobos to be my next 50, so we'll see if that goes as planned. Chazz and I were taking up Bounty Hunters, but our buddy Eric picked up the game and our warriors are around the same level (mine obviously being Vulka; she's a bit behind though). I plan to hopefully catch up to them, but depending on what time Jarvis is back up and running, that has a chance of not happening. Also, when Chazz's girlfriend Carrol Anne picks up the game, I'm rolling Phobos with that group; so it really all depends on when she picks the game up.
|Darth Malgus looking cool and Sith...|
Aside from SWTOR, I haven't focused myself on anything enough that it deserves its own topic, SO:
- I decided to step away from Wizard101 for a loooong time, and possibly forever. I'm sure I'll wind up coming back at some point, but the game just doesn't interest me right now.
|StarKiller looking awesome. His lightsabers are just awesome...|
- I started my own MineCraft Server! Woot!
- I'm changing my twitter over to @PVenuti from @LukeGoldHorn for obvious reasons.
|He's watching you, Mr. Government...|
So that's pretty much all I have for today. Please don't forget to subscribe and comment, if there's anyone there actually reading this (we have 1,000+ page views; we can't just be making that ourselves, you know). Spread the word if you can. Also, ideas on how to get our blog out in the public would be much appreciated! Remember: If you're a hipster, this site's for you!
May the Gamer Watch Over You,
Peter, The SteamWorks
(No? Maybe I'll try a different signature; I feel like my Maker reference was dumb)